Monday, September 1, 2008

Morning Glory and a Travel Story

This morning broke a very frustrating 2 month span of no "action" with my dearest partner. As embarassing as this kind of thing is for one attractive and seemingly together couple, it happens. Without delving too much into my sex life, work had worked its way into one of the most solid foundations of our relationship by creating cracks and crevices of drought and mass-debating over the lack of love shoving. Right after we came to a conclusion about how to redress the wrongs of letting work get in between the sheets, taking a break from each other and work - all that was left was to undress and seal the deal. It was beautiful, but we silently knew that it signalled a new beginning for both of us.

So I'm going into a new phase of my life, a rather scary one of being quasi single after being with somebody for a little over a year and a half. We're not breaking up, just taking a break - after we come back from a working holiday in Greece. Starting this blog is part of my "new life" approach because I know it's going to be hard without her, but I'm excited about it. Shit I moved from Cape Town to Joburg for this girl and for my career, and in all honestly, I have not concentrated on the latter as I have the on the former and I feel like an ass because I'm suffering the consequenses.

I'm currently faced with many challenges: finding a new home (because the one I currently store my stuff at makes me want to pour steaming poison down my oesophogus), finding some friends (I love the ones I have but I would like more), starting my company (It's been all talk and no real action for 6 months, can I just do it already), finding clients (there's plenty who need my services...have you been to any of the million fashion weeks we have in SA?), making money and rediscovering my interests and passions...BASICALLY GETTING A LIFE!

So this blog is essentially going to be about my various journeys in my search for "A Life"..lol. It's going to have a lot of local and international fashion reportage because I am a journalist and a very informed Fashion Critic and Opinion (hence the reference to the Great Suzy Menkes). But it's also going to be about me, I don't care if you don't know who I am, that makes two of us - I'm on a journey of self discovery and this for me is going to be a space where I share my thoughts, lessons, advice, joys and vulnerabilities.

I wish I had a glass of Champers to celebrate this moment. For years I've heard about blogging but never really bothered to find out exactly what it is, why people do it or to read anybody's blog. So Filasiki (little kisses in Greek) to me and this new journey. I hope you are able to share your thoughts about anything on your minds my dear friends...until then! Happy Blirthday to Me!!!!!! Happy Blogging to You!

No comments: